BY: BSN's Howard Ticker
1)Who were your favorite players to watch growing up and why?
- Always grew up a huge Denver Broncos fan, so Elway, Davis, and Rod Smith.
2)Who were the most important influences to you as a player and in life growing up?
- Absolutely my mom and dad.
3)What is your favorite part about the position you play?
-Sacks because they can be momentum changers.
4)How do you like playing for the University of San Diego? I have been to San Diego before and loved it.
- I love USD. They have great coaches and it is a great school.
5)What were you looking at in schools?
- Academics were very important to me as well as athletics, so USD was a good fit.
6)How was the transition for you as a player from HS to College?
- I moved from linebacker in HS. I have put on about 50lbs so far in college.
7)Do you think you have grown as a player and person in college? If so, how?
- I have literally grown a lot. Figuratively I have learned to prioritize and manage my time.
8)What do you bring to a team and what are your strengths?
- I lead by example. Being just a sophomore last year, I wasn't considered a team leader at first.
9)What is something you can work on to improve?
- I would love to put on another 10-15 lbs and work on my explosiveness. I'd like to add a few more moves to my pass rush arsenal as well.
10)What would playing professional football mean to you?
- The NFL is every little kid's dream. It would mean the world to me.
11)Please talk about what BSN can do for you?
- I think BSN can give me the exposure I necessarily wouldn't get at a smaller school.
12)Tell me what its like to win 2011 Association Press FCS All American Second Team, Pioneer Football League Defensive Player of the Year, USD’s Most Valuable Player, and PFL All American First Team all as a sophomore? That is pretty impressive.
- It was a huge honor. With a standout senior end like Mario Kurn on the other side, it made life much easier. But the awards were all really surprising.
13)How does it feel to be so dominant as a sophomore with stats like 19.5 TFL and 15 Sacks and being on the statistical leader boards in all of FCS?
-It felt great. But now it’s time for next season, for which I've set even higher goals. My goal is to be at the top of those leader boards.